some words from wisers...

The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning, you didn't even think to ask"


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

small business + social media

I currently am employed by a small business Le Bateau Boutique. 
background: 50% off retail price everyday- open 10am-6pm daily
location:Steamboat Springs Colo. Downtown 6th street- upstairs next to popular sandwich shop
awareness: moderate- locals in town sometimes oblivious to new store openings 
overheard comments:
- "I didnt know about this store
- Is this under the same ownership of the store a few years back?
- I have heard Alana had a store, glad I finally made it in"
obstacles:
- assumptions that shopping in mountain towns is expensive $$$
- lack of foot traffic
- fear of purchase
- sales are low- working hours decrease
- prefer word of mouth and traditional marketing 
increase awareness:
mail | newspaper | booth at market |team up with a nonprofit & encourage shoppers to buy to help a community cause.
- CARLS TAVERN OPENING NIGHT&Weekend
ask your friends to have a dress up night & wear Le Bateau- and take picture and send them into The Pilot!
- I have been inspired to set up a fun vintage photoshoot.

I just sent this off to my Boss. and am anxious for the response I receive. I would love to see the store be something the community embraces & brings business to. But I feel like there is room for a BIG idea & its time to get that going- I sit in the store for 8hours a day- I have time!


No comments:

Post a Comment